Good Friday is the day that Christians remember as the day Jesus Christ suffered and died on the cross. Every year, Christians all over the world commemorate in prayer and gratitude the debt paid by Christ's precious blood. These are the Bible Passages that Christianity Daily lists for Good Friday on April 3, 2015.
Top 10 Bible quotes on Good Friday - Which One Best Resonates With You?
1) “As soon as the chief priests and their officials saw him, they shouted, “Crucify! Crucify!” But Pilate answered, “You take him and crucify him. As for me, I find no basis for a charge against him.” - John 19:6
2) “Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.” - Luke 23:34
3) “Pilate had a notice prepared and fastened to the cross. It read: JESUS OF NAZARETH, THE KING OF THE JEWS. Many of the Jews read this sign, for the place where Jesus was crucified was near the city, and the sign was written in Aramaic, Latin and Greek.” - John 19:19
4) “He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.” - Romans 4:25
5) “But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.” - Isaiah 53:5
6) “And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.” - 2 Corinthians 5:15
7) “and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” - Ephesians 5:2
8) “At noon, darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon. And at three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”). -Mark 15:33-34
9) “At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people.”
- Matthew 27:51-54
10) “When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, “Surely he was the Son of God!” - Matthew 27:54